Yakushima: A Yakumonkey Guide is the classic English guide to Yakushima and now with the 3rd Edition, it has had a facelift. Everything you need to enjoy your visit to Yakushima is right here and bang up-to-date!
The 3rd Edition includes:
- All possible ways of getting to and getting around Yakushima with full details, up-to-date prices, website and contact details.
- A huge variety of accommodation from the free mountain huts and campsites to top-class resorts and everything inbetween. All with directions, websites and prices and arranged by area.
- All the best restaurants, cafes, bakeries and bars are featured by area so you never need be far from lunch or dinner.
- Waterfalls, rivers, beaches, parks, hot springs, museums and just about any place you could want to visit on the island are detailed and explained.
- 16 hiking trails from gentle strolls to major expeditions, including the trail to Jomon Sugi and Miyanoura dake, have their own individual maps and full details of each route. All trails now have our original Yakumonkey coding system so you can easily combine trails to see the best of Yakushima.
But do not take my word for it.
Here are the comments of some of the readers of the previous editions:
"I'm just back from Yakushima, and thank you for your guide, which was really useful for the trip. Fantastic place too!" Alexandre Morin, France
"I'm just back from a week in Yakushima and thanks to your book I had a great time! saw and ate a lot more than I would have without the guide." Christian Rochford, France
"I've got your book today and its really awesome." Marcel Geese, Germany
"Bought the book here in Tokyo thru Amazon.jp, it was delivered the next day and used it for our recent one week visit. my girlfriend kept saying she was going to get a Japanese guide on the island too but in the end, it's all we used and it worked like a charm...thks very much!" Yyonnx, Japan
"Kudos to you, your passion really comes across in the book and it's helped fuel my excitement for visiting the island." Patrick McMaster, Canada
"It was thanks to your guide that we found great accommodation!" Troy Walter, Australia
"Thanks for the hard work in putting the book together....it was really useful on our trip to Yakushima recently! I would have been lost without some of the tips and guidance sometimes..." David Goodwin, Ireland
Buy the paperback HERE or in any bookshop!
(Note that for euros - please don't pay more than €17.95 for the paperback. Some bookshops are charging double at the moment. Any problems, email me.)