The Arakawa Trail Entrance Shuttle bus.
The stretch of road between Arakawa junction and the Arakawa Trail Entrance is closed to traffic and walkers between May 2th and 5th for 4 days and July 7th and Sept 22nd for 67 days. The only way you can get to the Trail entrance is by shuttle bus, organised coach or taxi.
By taxi: Taxis need a special 'ticket' which costs 250 yen and without it will not be allowed up.
By bus: A shuttle bus will run from Yakusugi museum to Arakawa Trail Entrance and will cost (one way)1000 yen for adults and 500 yen for (Elementary School) children. If you intend on returning on the bus you must purchase two one-way tickets prior to travelling.
Both of the above tickets for the taxi and bus can only be bought the day before at the following places:
- Airport Tourist Information Centre [Tel: 49-4010] Open 8.30am - 6pm
- Miyanoura Tourist Information Centre [Tel: 42-1019] Open 8.30am - 5pm
- Anbo Tourist Information Centre [Tel: 46-2333] Open 8.30am - 5pm
- Yakusugi Museum [Tel: 46-3113] Open 9am - 6pm
- Yakushima Environmental Culture Village Centre [Tel: 42-2900] Open 9am - 6pm
Shuttle bus Timetable:
From Yakusugi museum car park: 6 buses - 4.45am, 5am, 5.15am, 5.30am (connects with the Matsubanda bus), 5.45 am (connects with the Yakushima Kotsu bus), 6am.
From Arakawa Trail Entrance: 13 buses - 1.30pm, 2.30pm, 3pm, 3.30pm, 3.45pm, 4pm, 4.15pm, 4.30pm (connects with the Matsubanda bus), 4.45pm, 5pm (connects with the Yakushima Kotsu bus), 5.15pm, 5.30pm and 6pm.
Return to Home Page